How It Works - Becoming a Consignor
Thank you for considering becoming a consignor at A Second Look!
In a Nutshell:
Gather your best 30 items or less. Be sure to look them over closely for flaws; items must be in new or like new condition and be in current fashion. (see the "condition of items" below for assistance) No appt needed. Just stop on in. 50/50 split. Consignment period is 60 days. See the Consignment Agreement below for more details.
What is Accepted:
- Women’s and Teen’s Clothing, Purses, Shoes, Accessories & Men’s/Young Men’s CASUAL Clothing and Shoes – IN SEASON
- Women’s Suits/Fashion Scarves & Men’s Suits, Worn undergarments and swimsuits.
Condition of Items:
- All items must be freshly laundered, free of pet hair and odors, and in “like new” condition – if items need to be lint rolled/cleaned there will be $1 per item charge to your account.
- Must be within 2-3 years old and in current fashion
- Vintage items MAY be accepted at our discretion
- Please review the “Condition of Items” and “Brands that are NOT Accepted” section to assist in selecting items to consign.
- Consignment period is 60 calendar days. It is the consignor’s responsibility to track the 60 days. Your account is accessible online at asecondlookpardeeville.com under “Consignor Login”. If you are unsure of how to log in, please ask.
- You will have 5 calendar days to pick your items up after the expiration date. We can provide you with a list of the expired items, but you will need to pull your own items off the sales floor and bring them to the counter so they can be removed from the system. On day 66, items that are not picked up, will become property of A Second Look and may be sold at a discount, donated, or otherwise disposed of at A Second Look’s discretion.
- When possible, A Second Look will attempt to notify you VIA EMAIL if you have items that have expired.
- Expiration dates may be extended if item was listed on another platform, Ebay, Poshmark, etc.
- 30 items max per consignor/per week. Items can take up to two weeks to be processed.
Items must arrive in a BAG/BOX labeled with your name and consignor number on the outside. Please DO NOT bring items in plastic totes.
- Store personnel will determine the selling price of your items, which is typically one-third to one-fourth of the retail value; taking into consideration the quality, condition, demand, and age of the items.
- Items that are found to be damaged or flawed during the pricing process will be donated. Please note, you will not be notified in the event this occurs. It is imperative you look over your items before dropping off – see backside for “condition of items” to assist you in choosing items to consign.
- All items may be marked an additional 50% off or more 30 days after being on the sales floor or during special events.
Once an item sells, you will receive 50% of the selling price in your account. You can use the funds as store credit in the store or online or you can request a payout. Payouts can be paid via cash/check in store, sent via Venmo, PayPal, or a check can mailed for a $1 fee.
**A Second Look is NOT responsible for missing, lost or damaged items for any reason including theft, fire, vandalism, or natural disaster. INITIAL_______
Condition of Items:
- Armpits – no holes, no pilling, no deodorant stains, no yellowing, no odor
- Cuffs – no stains or stretched out
- Bottom middle area – no holes from rubbing against a belt
- Neckline/collar – no makeup stains or yellowing
- Must have a Label – label must not be yellowed or dirty
- Must not appear shrunken
- Closure – must have working zipper/button/clasp
- Inner Thigh – must not be worn out, pilled or thinning
- Cuffs – must not be ripped or excessively tattered
- Toes – if visible toes (sandal, peep toe, etc.) must not be able to see toe prints
- Inside – must not be discolored and heels must not be worn out or pilled
- Outside – good condition, no bite marks on heels or heels worn down
- Outside – no peeling or cracking of material
- Inside – no pilling of fabric, no stains
- Working zippers
- Not excessively worn
- Must be NWT (new with tag)
Brand That ARE NOT Accepted
- Faded Glory/No Boundaries
- George/White Stag
- Route 66/Jaclyn Smith/Basic Editions
- Bobbie Brooks
- Bailey’s Point/North Crest
- Gloria Vanderbilt
- Union Bay
- Alfred Dunner
- Time & Tru
- Terra & Sky
- Sag Harbor
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Printed Name___________________________________________ Date____________________
City, State, Zip__________________________________________ Phone___________________
Signature______________________________________________ Consignor # ______________
- I would like my items donated to a non-profit after the consignment period _____
- I would like to pick up my items ___________